Monday, April 30, 2012

"Z" is for Zumba

I really hate exercising. I don't like sweating. It's just icky. On the other hand, I don't enjoy being out of shape, having a double chin, and worrying about the heart disease and atherosclerosis that runs in my family. So anything that makes exercise less like exercise and more like fun is great. I used to go dancing a couple of times a week. Then I married a man who doesn't really like to dance. So mostly now I walk while listening to an audiobook or podcasts or music. Then my daughter and I tried a Zumba class together, and I officially declare it closer to fun than exercise. The first time I tried it, we did a solid hour of cardio. (I think I stopped for a few seconds a couple of times to sip some water.) At the end, I was absolutely dripping in sweat and feeling like every muscle in my body had been worked out. The oddest thing was, I wanted to keep going! The trickiest part is finding a class to go to that fits my schedule. So now my Zumba is limited to dancing along with videos. At least no one gets to see me sweat.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE the photo! I feel like that often!

    Hopping by from the A to Z Challenge. Here are my posts - hope you have a chance to stop by! Love your site!

    ReplyDelete