Tuesday, April 3, 2012

"C" is for Clean Comedy

I love to laugh. I love people who make me laugh. I love to make people laugh (although sometimes it's not on purpose, but whatever works, right?). I like to watch funny movies and comedians' stand-up routines.

What I don't like is "blue comedy." That's when someone resorts to foul language and sexual references for the shock value. It's not funny. It's just uncomfortable.

I don't like put-down humor. Have you really paid attention to situation comedies like "Everybody Loves Raymond?" There's a lot of slapstick and silliness. But a lot of the "humor" comes from one person saying how stupid another person is. It's not funny in real life when you are the butt of the joke. Why should we laugh at it on TV?

I like irony. I like word play. I like pictures of cats and dogs with silly captions. I like anything that points out just how hilarious and wonderful the English language is.

This is somebody I think is funny. His name is Ryan Hamilton. Here's where you can find his tour schedule. If he ever comes to your city, go see his show. (And I'm not just saying that because his grandma lives down the street from me.) (No really.)

4 comments:

  1. Hi I am HERE and I am part of the AZ challenge What a strong start, this is mine

    http://www.astringofpearls.org/a-z-in-26-days/

    PS Google hates me

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my favorite comedians also happens to be a "clean" one and a good one for "C".

    Bill Cosby is fantastic. I played some of his old bits from the 70's for my kids and they loved it.

    I might have to pick up some more on CD for them.

    Looking forward to seeing what you do all month!

    Tim
    The Other Side
    The Freedom of Nonbelief

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I would much rather have it clean too, but dropping in a swear word or something doesn't bother me. Putting down people though I avoid, unless I know they can take it and dish it back out..haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally agree with you!
    I just think people who swear to get a laugh aren't creative enough to be called funny! thanks for the post!

    ReplyDelete