Saturday, April 28, 2012

"Y" is for Youth is Wasted on the Young

Right now my daughter is at a "Black Light Splash Drum" dance fundraiser. She, along with 2 other students from our school, and going to nationals for speech and debate. (WooHoo!) So someone came up with this idea. They rented the town's old opera house/dance hall and covered it floor to ceiling in clear plastic and hung black lights. They brought in a deejay and some big old drums. I guess the idea is you poor fluorescent paint on the drums, and then when someone pounds along to the music, paint flies everywhere. She dashed home a little while ago and grabbed up all the towels. I guess all that paint splashing on the plastic covering the floor was making it slippery and people were falling down. The paint is all supposed to be washable. If not, I need new towels anyway. I can just imagine how much fun they're all having, dancing and splashing and glowing in the dark. and I think how fun it would be to be a teenager again. Then I think of all the cleanup these kids are going to have to do after the party is over. In this case, I'm glad I'm the old person staying at home.

2 comments:

  1. great crazy idea for kids! I'm trying to visit all the A-Z Challenge Blogs this month. My alphabet is at myqualityday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete