Wednesday, April 20, 2011

A to Z Challenge Blogfest - Q is for QUIT

How fortuitous. Today is brought to you by the letter Q, which stands for Quit, as in, I just quit my job today. Really. I officially gave my two-week notice this very morning.

For 11 years, medical transcription has been my day job, and writing has been my "whenever I can fit it in" thing. Except it just didn't fit in very well between the 8 hours a day of work, the wife thing, the mom thing, the homemaker thing, the church lady thing, and all the other things yelling for my time and attention.

Well two weeks from now, writing is going to have a firm time and place on my schedule every day. The kind of time which may only be interrupted by blood relatives and then only if they are in imminent danger of death. Except my mother, who can call any time.

3 comments:

  1. I suppose a congratulations is in order! And I wish you the best of luck with your writing. How fun that you now have ample time for it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. How brave to pursue a dream, well done you !

    RJRDaydreamer

    ReplyDelete
  3. good for you! :) visiting via the a to z challenge. good luck in your writing.

    ReplyDelete