Friday, April 1, 2011

April Fools Day

This month I am participating in the A to Z Challenge Blogfest. "It’s blogging a letter of the alphabet every day the month of April (with Sundays off for good behavior.) It begins April First with the letter A and ends April 30 with the letter Z."

A is for April Fools Day

One of my favorite April Fools Day pranks was perpetrated by one of my college roommates. (I was the innocent bystander. Honest!) Janet was an assistant in the college chem lab, so she had access to all kinds of nifty things, like syringes. She filled a syringe with green food coloring, which she then injected into our roommate's eggs. So the morning of April 1st, the roommate took a couple of eggs out of the fridge for breakfast, cracked them open and saw dark green yolks. It was a little unsettling first thing in the morning. She got us back by spraying our toothbrushes with perfume. I had the strangest taste in my mouth all day long.

2 comments:

  1. I love April fool's pranks and have done my share of them through the years. It's a day for laughter.

    ReplyDelete