Friday, November 1, 2013

Giving Thanks: I have an office!


See that pretty, old-fashioned key? That is for the lock on my office door. I finally made the jump from a home office to an away-from-home office. It's a tiny little place, about the size of your average cubicle (maybe smaller), and thankfully has an equally tiny rent. I've only been here for just over a week, but already my production has doubled.


For several months now, I've been trying to spend an hour a day, every weekday, at my friend's little coffee shop, nursing a hot chocolate (iced chocolate over the summer months), and writing. With my day job, that's really all I felt I could carve out of my day. Now this coffee shop is located on the main floor of a historic old building that used to be a hotel, back when door locks had keys like the one in the picture. I heard that there were office spaces on the second floor. I talked to the building owner. She gave me a tour, and I picked the smallest space. My desk, chair, computer, and I would all fit into a broom closet, but that might be a little weird. So I have room for a space heater and an easy chair, just in case I get visitors.


I'm thankful today that God led me to a place where I can have my own little hermitage away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment