Sunday, November 24, 2013

Giving Thanks: I am thankful for my Primary class.

I teach the 8 year olds in church every Sunday (most of them have turned 9 by now). They are a wonderful bunch of children. They have all recently been baptized, and they come to class carrying their scriptures, which are nearly as big as they are. They are wiggly, and distractable, but eager to learn. They like to hear stories, and tell me their own stories, which may or may not be related to the lesson. They like to look up scriptures, and help each other find the right page. There are some who will volunteer for anything and everything. Some are a little too shy to do anything just yet.

I have an ongoing offer that if they memorize a scripture every week, they get to pick a prize from my bag. One girl memorizes something every single week. One girl was finally able to recite a scripture from memory a few weeks ago and was so pleased with herself. I love to watch them grow and progress. I'll only be their teacher officially for another month, then in January they'll move on and I'll get a new class. But I love these children, and I'll always be their teacher.

No comments:

Post a Comment