Monday, November 4, 2013

Giving Thanks: I have hands.

I'm thankful that I have hands. I use them for almost everything, except walking and breathing. My father insisted I learn to type when I was in high school. Now I use my hands for my vocation, which is transcription, and my avocation, which is writing. I use my hands for hobbies, like needle work, or holding a book (or plugging in my ear buds and tapping the screen of my tablet to start an audiobook). I use my hands to touch, to feel, to create, to serve.

I've seen people who have lost the use of their hands, to accident or disease, or who have been born with conditions that affect the movement of their hands, or who have been born with no hands at all. And I look at my hands and think, "I am so blessed."

No comments:

Post a Comment