Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Giving Thanks: I am thankful for the miracle of music.

Music is the language of the soul. It can create emotion. It can be shared by people of different cultures and understood by all. It can slow down your heart rate, or speed it up. It can do some amazing things to your brain. Mozart helps me concentrate. I have different sound tracks for my writing projects. Avril Levigne's music is figuring prominently in my current NaNoWriMo project. I'll bet you can guess the genre from that clue alone.

We've all seen people who have such a strong stammer or stutter that they can barely speak, but who sing flawlessly. I'm posting this video that a friend shared on Facebook, because it shows the way music can work miracles. You may want to have a tissue handy. I am thankful for the miracle of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment