Here are two traditional carols, the "Wexford Carol", from Ireland, and "God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen", from England.
Now here's a really fantastic contest to enter. Click here to enter.
***Countdown to Christmas Contest***
LDSWBR will hold a drawing on Christmas Day for a $25 eGift Card from Deseret Book, as well as a variety of books being offered by some of the LDS authors that will be featured on the blog. Simply post a thoughtful comment on the Countdown to Christmas author posts to enter. Here are the rules:
* LDSWBR reserves the right to decide what determines a "thoughtful" comment.
* Only one comment per person per "Countdown to Christmas" author post will be entered into the drawing. This allows the potential for 24 entries per person at the end of the contest. Feel free to comment more than once per post if you'd like, but only one comment will be accepted as an entry.
* Contest ends at 12:00 Midnight MST on December 24, 2009. Drawing winners will have until 12:00 Midnight MST on December 31, 2009 to claim their prize. After that time, another name will be drawn to receive the prize.
* Book prizes can only be shipped within the contiguous United States.
Books that have been generously donated by the author for drawing prizes:
* Loyalty's Web by Joyce DiPastena
* Hidden Branch by G.G. Vandagriff
* Altared Plans by Rebecca Talley
* A Modest Proposal by Michele Ashman Bell (includes a bonus copy of Michele's Christmas booklet, A Candle in the Window)
* Her Good Name by Josi Kilpack
* MISSING by Ronda Gibb Hinrichsen
* Famous Family Nights by Anne Bradshaw
* Love Letters of Joseph and Emma (autographed copy) by Angela Eschler
* Family Home Evening Adventures by Rebecca Irvine
* Counting the Cost by Liz Adair
* Shudder by Jennie Hansen
* Mormon Mishaps & Mischief by D. N. Giles & C. L. Beck
* Dawn's Early Light by Laurie (L.C.) Lewis
And don't forget everything else that's going on.
First of all, there's my Boxing Day Giveaway. Just comment on any or all posts from December 1st to 25th. You'll be entered in the drawing once for each post you comment on. I'll draw names on December 26th.
Win a copy of An Angel on Main Street at Kathi Oram Peterson's blog in ">The Angels in Your Life Contest
Win a copy of the Family Record Keeper at Mary Greathouse's blog.