Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Dance of the Sugar Plum Fairies and Angels

I knew it was possible to make a musical tone by wetting your finger and running it around the rim of a fine crystal goblet. I knew the tone could change according to how much water was in the goblet and the size of the goblet itself. I didn't know there was such a thing as a glass harp, or that it could sound this good.




Here's another contest you can enter. Kathy Oram Peterson, author of The Forgotten Warrior and her latest release, An Angel on Main Street, is holding An Angel in Your Life Contest. Here is what she says on her blog.

"I'm holding a contest...An Angel in Your Life Contest. It started October 15, 2009 and runs until December 15, 2009. All you need to do to enter is write down an experience when someone was an angel in your life and email it to me (kathiorampeterson@yahoo.com). The winner will be announced on my website and here my blog December 16th. The winner and the angel in his/her life will each receive a $25. gift certificate from either Seagull Book or Deseret Book Stores."

Like she said, the contest ends December 15, 2009, so hurry! In the meantime, you might want to pick up a copy of An Angel on Main Street. It would make a great Christmas present.



And remember to enter MY giveaway, by leaving a comment on a blog post. You can have one entry for each post you comment on, or one entry per comment per post. I'll draw for the winners on December 26th. I'll be featuring another prize in the drawing tomorrow, so see you then!

2 comments:

  1. That's amazing. If you click on the link that comes up at the end of the video that says "click here for a higher quality performance," you'll see and even more professional-sounding version.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was one of the coolest things I've seen! I can't believe he could play that whole song using glasses filled with water!

    ReplyDelete