Thursday, December 6, 2007

The Prayer - Advent Calendar Day 6

"The Prayer" is actually from the Phantom of the Opera, but seems to be gaining popularity as Christmas Music. I think it is beautiful and I'll listen to it any time of the year. There are several great artists who have recorded it, like Celine Dion and Andrea Bocelli, or Josh Groban and Charlotte Church. I'm posting this version by Rinaldo Viana and Liriel Domiciano to spotlight Liriel. This is the young LDS woman who won the Raul Gil talent show in Brazil (like American Idol). They told her she couldn't mention her religion, so she wore her Young Women's medallion throughout the competition. What a voice!



Here is Liriel singing "Over the Rainbow" with the Mormon Tabernacle Choir.



Check back tomorrow for more wonderful music!

2 comments:

  1. This is such beautiful listening. Thanks for sharing. I'm going to post this same YouTube also in coming days.

    I recently posted the one by Paul Potts from England, which is equally moving.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I saw the one about Paul Potts on your blog. Of course, then I spent way too much time watching YouTube videos about him. And keep checking back. Paul Potts is going to show up on this blog very soon.

    ReplyDelete