Sunday, December 2, 2007

Little Drummer Boy - Advent Calendar Day 3

Is anyone else old enough to remember seeing The Little Drummer Boy special on TV? I think the song came first, but this is what it always makes me think of.



And speaking of Christmas miracles, what other than Christmas could cause Bing Crosby and David Bowie to sing a duet? They're on opposite ends of the spectrum. But they really sound good together, don't they? Little Drummer Boy has been done over and over again, but I especially like this one because they harmonize so well, and the "peace on earth" part. I heard David Bowie give an interview once where he said Little Drummer Boy was actually not really in his vocal range (could have fooled me), but he really wanted to sing with Bing Crosby, so they stuck Peace on Earth in the middle so Bowie would sound good too.



Come back tomorrow. There's more.

No comments:

Post a Comment