Monday, November 5, 2007

The Rexburg Temple is Almost Finished!



















This is an artist's rendition of the new Rexburg, Idaho, LDS Temple, which will be dedicated next February. This is a fulfillment of prophecy made by Wilford Woodruff in 1884 about the Snake River Valley having temples (plural), when he gave the Wagon Box Prophecy. (See sidebar.)

I grew up just outside of Idaho Falls, Idaho. When my family went on vacations when I was young, we usually arrived back home late at night. As soon as I could see the Idaho Falls Temple lit up against the dark sky, I knew we were almost home. Through the years, I have never lived more than 15 to 20 minutes away from an LDS temple (30 if the traffic was bad). Then 7 years ago my husband and I bought a house in a town a WHOLE HOUR away from Idaho Falls. That extra travel time really made it difficult to get to the temple as often as I would like. Yes, I know I could have been born in another place where going to the temple means hours or even days of travel. But I wasn't, and I like having a temple near by, okay? When the Rexburg temple was announced, I was elated. We've been watching the building progress and anxiously awaiting the dedication, and now it's almost here! Sunday, February 3, 2008, is the big day. The open house will be during January. Wear something warm.

Beautiful, isn't it?












During the construction, we were driving past the temple site when we saw this. (Luckily, we had a camera in the car.)

No comments:

Post a Comment