Sunday, December 1, 2013

Merry Christmas! And Happy Hanukkah!

I love Christmas music! (After Thanksgiving, thank you.) I love to find and share wonderful renditions of classics, as well as new music I've just discovered. To start things off this year, here's the group Straight No Chaser with the Christmas Can Can. And a special shout out to my Jewish friends. Did you know that this year Hanukkah began on November 27 and ends on December 5? If you don't know what Hanukkah is all about, it's the Jewish Festival of Lights. As I understand it, it celebrates a miracle that occurred when there was only a single cruse of oil to light the menorah in the temple, but it lasted for eight days. There's a lot more to it than that, but I'm not an expert. Just trust me that it celebrates a miracle from God.

So Merry Christmas! And Happy Hanukkah, too!


No comments:

Post a Comment